Pistachios are delicious and they are also very good for your health, especially for those who need to keep cholesterol at bay!
- Pistachios are rich in monounsaturated and unsaturated fats, which maintain the normal level of cholesterol in the blood. In addition, they contain linoleic acid and sterols, indispensable allies against hypercholesterolaemia.
- They are naturally cholesterol-free.
- They contain a good percentage of protein, contributing to the growth of muscle mass and bone maintenance.
- Like bananas, they are an excellent source of potassium. They also contain chromium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
- They are also an excellent source of vitamins: B1, B2, B6, vitamin K and folate
- They contain plenty of fibre.
Source of content and infographics: American Pistachios.